Friday, August 29, 2008

Found this '08 draft. Time to post.

Incredibly NOT fair!!! So I gained somewhere between 30 and 40 pounds with Quincy. Sweet. And when she was born, I was still nursing Avery, so I thought the pounds would melt off. I exercised somewhat regularly and didn't feel like I OVER-indulged in food. Well not ONE pound came off. I'm talking somehow I magically didn't lose even the 6.5 lbs she weighed. So I started working out... HARD. Harder, longer, faster than I ever had. I did my research and worked out right. I went for 9 weeks straight/5 times a week and did not lose ONE pound. My pants still fit tight. I had some life and body changes. I weaned my toddler, got pregnant, lost the baby, and weaned my youngest. Then for the first time in three years, my body was mine. All mine. Only mine. So I began to diet. And now, 13 months after Quincy was born, I have lost 10 pounds. OH MY GOSH! It is sooooooooooo not fair. I'm so hungry. I get a little piece of pissed off when I see so many incredibly shrinking moms. But as evil as it will sound, I smirked a bit when I saw this work-out-aholic at the gym keep her pooch for months after having her baby. She didn't retain any weight, just that POOCH. Wrong of me, I know. But I recently went to my mom's family reunion and I think I have found the answer. Damn genetics.

No comments: