Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ramble Ramble

I've had lots of thoughts lately. I always do. Michael says I think too much. But I just want a semi private outlet to document. Maybe at some point I'll write something exciting. We'll consider this brainstorming until then. My thought for the day is this: there's too much to do. I have to feed the kids, exercise, do my calling, clean the house, diet, cook dinner, read scriptures, budget money and time, be a companion to one and a friend to many and try to live life. Not to mention that its primarily my responsibility to "raise" (understatement) 2 responsible people. It is my job to teach life skills, scholastic skills, and spiritual skills from the ground up. If feels like I take a step forward just to take 2 steps back. If I leave the house alone for a couple hours, its destroyed! I'm overwhelmed and discouraged more often than I'd like to admit. I see helpful hints in magazines, the web, and books. I chat it up with friends and get pumped about some great idea to organize my life. And it seems that I always always always fail on the million goals I set for myself. I've had this thought many times, and its back. Here it is: the scriptures promise that if we put God first, the rest falls into place. So my MAIN goal should be my spirituality, in whatever way I choose to tend to that. Then maybe I can become a contributing member of society. Phew!

1 comment:

Brimaca said...

Hope you don't care I flipped over to this. I have one of these but it's private because it has my serious temper tantrums in it that no one should be subjected to.